LJJIP is a network of Jews within Liberal Judaism committed to social justice and the application of universal human rights to Jews and Palestinians in Palestine/Israel.
- We believe the core values of Liberal Judaism provide the basis of this commitment, and that as Liberal Jews we have a duty to speak out in relation to all breaches of human rights.
- We support initiatives that enable both Jews and Palestinians to live in freedom, security, democracy and dignity.
- We are concerned about the corrosive impact of the occupation, settlements and discrimination on Palestinian and Israeli society, and the negative impact this has on prospects for a peaceful and just resolution between Jews and Palestinians.
- We aim to promote constructive dialogue amongst Liberal Jews regarding human rights and justice in Palestine/Israel and to help shape opinion in Liberal Judaism.
Our goals are:
- to provide a space for constructive dialogue on Israel/Palestine within Liberal Judaism, both nationally and locally in our own LJ communities;
- to educate and inform ourselves and other Liberal Jews on human rights abuses and injustices in Palestine/Israel;
- to use our voice as Liberal Jews to speak out against human rights abuses and injustices in Israel/Palestine;
- to listen to, promote and amplify the voices of progressive Palestinians and Israelis;
- to work with other organisations towards common aims.
Contact us by e-mail.